Williams Electrical was founded by Harley Williams in 1954 Harley was 26 at the time and had just resigned from Noyes Bros following a disagreement with the Manager. Harley thought he may as well have a go on his own.
Williams Electrical Service came into being on 1st August 1954 from a garage in a block of flats in Nedlands with 100 pounds capital and a second hand van. The main steady stream of income in the early days was the internal wiring of fluorescent light fittings for Noyes Bros.
The company soon branched out into the electrical installations field with the first notable project being the complete rewire of the old City Mutual Building in 1955. The company steadily progressed with an increasing workload and new premises in Bulwer Street and then to its home for many years in Aberdeen Street Perth. Harley served as the Managing Director until June 30 1975 when Bruce Cook took on the role. Harley remained Chairman for a further 5 years until his retirement in 1980.
Bruce (who was a long term employee and an apprentice to Harley) further developed the company with other long standing Directors Keith Loveland and Arthur Webb. Unfortunately Arthur passed away in 2003. Under Bruce’s control the company had a serious growth phase and moved to new modern premises in Balcatta. This period of the company's growth was the start of the development towards the diversity of services that we offer today. Bruce served 20 years as Managing Director before handing the reins to Wayne Carter in 1995. Bruce remained Chairman for a further period of 5 years until his retirement.
Wayne Carter who also started his apprenticeship with Harley (1975) is still the current Managing Director and Chairman.
- Over its years the company has grown to be one of the premier Electrical Contracting companies in WA employing in excess 100 staff and has developed a diversity of services that include general commercial electrical installations of all sizes
- Voice and Data cabling systems design and installation including fibre optical
- Service Department of some note servicing all aspects of the commercial and light industrial sectors
- Specialist service and installation of LPG gas dispensing and storage vessels (trading as Williams Fuel Systems)
- Access control, intruder detection, CCTV and automated controls systems (trading as Tasc Digital Control systems)
- A comprehensive sheet metal and metal fabrication workshop (trading as Williams Custom Metal Works)
Wayne together with his fellow directors and share holders Peter Beveridge, Stephen Cook, Darryl Carver and Trevor Gerrick are proud to carry the tradition of Williams Electrical being a privately owned and operated company.
The future vision for the company is to consolidate its position in the market and continue to develop its range of services on offer. Our aim is to become and maintain the status of contractor of choice in our industry.